THE EFFECT OF RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND COMPETENCE ON TEACHER PERFORMANCE IN SPECIAL EDUCATION SCHOOL IN GORONTALO PROVINCE

  • Aziz Rachman STIA Bina Taruna
Keywords: Recruitment process, teacher competence, and performance

Abstract

The current study aims: (1) to partially analyze the effect of the recruitment process on teacher performance in special education schools in Gorontalo Province, (2) to partially analyze the effect of competence on teacher performance in special education schools in Gorontalo Province, (3) to simultaneously analyze the influence of the recruitment process and competence of teacher performances in special education schools in Gorontalo Province.

The study uses a quantitative approach. This research design uses numbers, statistics, structures, and controlled experiments. This research was conducted in all special education schools in Gorontalo Province involving 203 people as the population and 134 people as the samples. Samples were taken by using simple random sampling. To collect the data, the questionnaires were used as instruments.

The results show that: (1) the recruitment process affects the performance of teachers in special education schools in Gorontalo Province. Based on the results of hypothesis testing "It is suspected that there is an influence of the recruitment process on teacher performances in special education schools in Gorontalo Province" which is proven and stated that there is the effect of the recruitment process on teacher performance. The contribution of the recruitment process affects teacher performance by 28.7% while the remaining 71.3% is influenced by other variables from outside of this study. (2) Moreover, competence influences on teacher performance in special education schools in Gorontalo Province. This can be seen in the test results of the coefficient of determination (R2) of 0.350, this means that the contribution of competence affects the teacher performance by 35% while the remaining 65% is influenced by other variables from outside of this study. (3) recruitment process and competence simultaneously influence the performance of teachers in special education schools in Gorontalo Province. The results show that the recruitment process and competence simultaneously influence the performance of teachers in special education schools in Gorontalo Province. The contribution of the recruitment process and the competence explaining teacher performance is (R2) 0.456, which means that the recruitment process and competence contribute 45.6% to teacher performance. This hypothesis can be stated that it is accepted simultaneously, where the recruitment process and competence together have a positive and significant effect on teacher performance. 

Published
2020-12-27